Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Meal No. 2711: Chicken Salad Melts

Not so long ago, perhaps thinking I was adequately confronting reality while also managing my expectations, I muttered something on the blog about having taken advantage of what was likely the last good weather day before autumn brings in its cooler temps and leaf-strewn cloudy dreary days. But boy howdy, especially since election day, it's been sunny skies and great temps. It even jumped up to 78°F on a recent glorious afternoon. That's meant quality outside time, particularly for raking leaves and for taking Sumner on long walks out and around town. 

On Sunday, it was just that sort of good day, but it meant that I didn't leave all that much time to indulge in extensive dinner prep. So it was time to bring back out the Instant Pot, rub and season a whole chicken, and let it zip to a cooked conclusion in under an hour. Supper that night was just chicken, and that left good leftovers on Monday in order to put together a nice batch of chicken salad. That's what I heaped on split whole wheat English muffins, topped with tomato slices and Kraft Singles, so that I could serve up chicken salad melts. I'm hoping that the older I get, the better I get at appreciating simple joys like raking, walking the dog, and chowing down on unremarkable goodness like that.



"How to Cook Instant Pot Whole Chicken - Rotisserie Style," by Sheena from GlutenFreePressureCooker.com.

"Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning," by Judith Hanneman, The Midnight Baker.

No comments: