Search RoHo Blog

Friday, October 23, 2020

Super Epic Rainbow Cake


An endeavor I seem willing to take on every couple of years, right about this time each fall, is humbly referred to as a "Super Epic Rainbow Cake." That's what I found myself tackling last Friday afternoon. 


It does have a bit of a wow factor, with all those layers and colors.


And sure: it's more of a production, when you figure that whipping up the batter is only half the story. Then, it's time to weigh and portion it into six different bowls and for each to get the proper gel food coloring.


That leads to six different cake pans and six cooling racks and six pans to wash when it's all said and done.


I tried a shortcut icing that ended up goopy and messy, so the cake had to be sliced and portioned into to-go containers since the top layers were slippin' and slidin'. But that's all right, because I wanted to share as much of it up and down the street as possible. That's why I had but a single slice, and that was a-plenty for me.




"Say It With Cake: Super Epic Rainbow Cake," from the Whisk Kid blog.

No comments: