Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Pumpkin Spice Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


I suppose it's nice to be invited to undertake a command performance. That's the high-falutin' way I'll describe last Monday's latest cake endeavor: a pumpkin spice birthday cake with cream cheese frosting. The terrific couple that bought the house down the street (where my former Wake Forest University student Karissa and her husband lived, who are the reason I even knew about this house to buy it in 2003!) have graciously received my offers of various treats from the kitchen. With Lori's birthday coming up, Cody and I talked about the option of a homemade creation for the occasion.


It led me to try out a terrific new recipe for pumpkin spice cake with a cream cheese frosting. I got to sample the trimmed edges when I converted it from a sheet pan cake to a rectangular layer cake, and they were tender and tasty.  Those guys were kind enough to snap a couple of shots and text them to me, since all I had was the photo of the whole cake with my amateur frosting job:


Fortunately, their reports upon sampling were favorable, so I think it was a hit!



Based on "The Best Pumpkin Cake I've Ever Had," from Sally McKenney of Sally's Baking Addiction. [Published 11 October 2017]

No comments: