Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Meal No. 2697: Sous Vide Chicken Salad Sandwiches


Lordy, what a gorgeous day we enjoyed in Winston-Salem last Tuesday, with bright sunshine and temps that hit the mid-70s. Sumner and I took a good long downtown walk, clocking in at just under an hour, and I also enjoyed some driveway camp chair time to continue reading some professional literature that I've been mucking my way through. Because I'm still trying to keep the reins tight on my weight window, I reached yet again for the sous vide approach with split chicken breasts in order to make a somewhat healthy batch of chicken salad for supper that night. I've been indulging quite a lot on the sweets and treats front without balancing it all well enough with hard yard labors or other walks with the pooch...so I have to be determined at least to get my menus right.


Can I say that I'm rather enjoying the very-nearly-perfect chicken I'm getting by following the SeriousEats.com guide for split chicken breasts for chicken salad?



Adapted from "The Best Classic Chicken Salad Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 03 June 2015 / Updated 17 April 2020]

No comments: