Search RoHo Blog

Friday, October 16, 2020

Meal No. 2690: Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole



Thursday a week ago, my dinner efforts were again driven by dates on packages in the fridge. That particular night, it was a pair of split chicken breasts that I'd picked up on a good special that were reaching the end of days. I did some simple seasoning on them, vacuum-sealed them, and dropped them into a sous vide bath to cook up. In the meantime, I prepped the onions, mushroom, and thyme that gets sautéed in butter, then simmered in wine, and finally cooked with broth, cream, and flour until it is a delicious goop. I diced up the chicken breasts and tossed them in, added a crushed butter cracker topping (mixed in with melted butter), and baked it until it bubbled. The bowls were loaded with this goodness, but only for a short while, because it's grub that's quickly gobbled.



"Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole," by Ashley Moore in Cook's Country, February/March 2015, p. 20.

No comments: