Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Meal No. 2689: Grilled Chicken

 


Last week, I spent two days conducting virtual training sessions with different groups of teachers from Dakar Academy in Senegal. It's a four-hour time difference, so last Wednesday and Thursday mornings, I was up at 3:30 am in order to be ready to begin at 8:30 am their time. I managed to go to bed early both nights, but perhaps not early enough! The sessions felt reasonably solid, even though I know there's not a substitute for being present in the room with the teachers I'm working with. I was content to do the bare minimum for supper that Wednesday night....I had a couple of fresh chicken breasts that I pounded, seasoned, and grilled. And that's all that was on the plates for supper: just the tasty grilled chicken!


Maybe it was easier to go light on the dinner because, after finishing up late morning that Wednesday, I set out some butter and then set my mind to making a batch of cookies. This time, the cookie of choice was butter toffee cookies, with espresso chips, crushed toffee, and pecans. Oh so good when they first come out of the oven, of course!




"Butter Toffee Cookies," originally from King Arthur Flour. The catalog that comes periodically from KAF has recipes in it, which is where I originally got this. But, as sometimes happens, it is not available on their website. I'm glad someone posted it to Food.com.

No comments: