Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Meal No. 2665: Breakfast for Dinner


The perfect Labor Day weekend weather managed to go three-for-three, and I was able to use last Monday to fully complete the project of rebuilding the lawn of the back yard: hauling in and raking smooth the topsoil covering and fill, spreading grass seed, and then setting up and fine-tuning all the sprinklers (four automatic heads on the new irrigation system, plus two hose-connected sprinklers that I attached to the recent system extension I put in). I was exhausted, frankly, but was also pretty pleased to finish. As it got late in the afternoon, and I turned my thoughts to dinner prep, I realized I'd best put my block of Neese's sausage to work and settled on a platter of breakfast for supper. The pork patty goodness was well partnered with creamy southern grits and a couple of fried sunnyside-up eggs. Breakfast for dinner, always a winner.



Guidance for making the creamy grits: Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

No comments: