Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Meal No. 2659: One-Pan Pork Tenderloin


Thursday a week ago, the temps were back up in that 90°F territory, and it was a bit of a blistering day for me to resume a full day of yard work. But I did: mowing down the bad grass in the backyard that I'm trying to rehabilitate (pictured above), mowing the neighbor's grass, planting a new cypress tree...


...setting up more irrigation drip lines:


...and the big project of the day: spreading topsoil and seeding the southwest corner at the back of the parking lot, where my discard pile was for so many years.


I finished out that long day by getting sprinklers set and adjusted and connected to my zoned yard hydrant on that side of the property, so that an automatic cycle of watering could commence. I was beat by the end of that day, and dinner needed to be relatively quick and painless. So hoisin-glazed pork tenderloin cooked on a bed of whole green beans, and then finished with a chive-garlic-butter topping, proved an excellent choice for the night's menu.


By the way, as of yesterday morning, the back corner I'd planted was looking pretty green and glorious:




Adapted from "One-Pan Pork Tenderloin with Green Beans and Potatoes," by Christie Morrison. In Cook's Country, October/November 2015, p. 27.

No comments: