Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 18, 2020

Blue Moon Ice Cream


Thanks to a recent plunge into the archive of recipes in the ice cream category on SeriousEats.com, I have bulked up my collection of these frozen dairy confections to sample and pilot. Just because it seemed summer-y and interesting, I'd elevated Blue Moon ice cream to the top of the pile but had to track down a key ingredient first, which finally came last week. So Thursday I prepped the base and Friday morning I churned it and put it away in the freezer to set up. Then it was ready and suitable for dessert last Sunday night as part of a bit of small birthday celebration. Strongest on the lemony side but counterbalanced with light touches of raspberry and vanilla, this is a tongue-soothing concoction with a lingering sweet aftertaste, all in a shade of a lovely Carolina blue.


"Blue Moon Ice Cream," by Alexandra Penfold of SeriousEats.com. [Published 13 July 2012; Updated 15 April 2020]

No comments: