Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Quarantine Task Jar: The Broken Chair Leg


A couple of summers ago, when the Roediger House played host to the family of an old Wake Forest grad school chum of mine, the leg of one of my parlour side chairs gave way. It's another of the small items on the long-running to-do list that ended up on a slip in my quarantine task jar. It was drawn at the end of May. I discovered belatedly that the picture above was terribly misfocused, but it'll still do as a "before" shot (along with this zoomed out view, below).


I do not pretend that there was anything expert about my repair efforts...


...and I'll not be surprised if they fail at their first serious test of stability and strength. It's a chair that doesn't get a lot of action, and I'm just glad it's no longer sitting at an angle in the comforting environs of the North Parlour.


No comments: