Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Meal No. 2610: Glorious Beef & Mushroom Stir Fry


With beef tenderloin on a better-than-usual sale, which I appreciated all the more given how meat prices have surged during the coronavirus pandemic, I brought home a moderate-sized one to carve into steaks (prepped for later sous vide cooking) and for making a couple of meals right away. Friday night's beef tenderloin tips was immediately followed by beef and mushroom stir fry over rice noodles on Saturday night. This meal is one of two that I consistently have made over the last 12 years, after I got my first useful wok cookbook, and it always satisfies.



"Glorious Beef with Mushrooms," in Wok Fast by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. Ten Speed Press, 2002, p. 87 (recipe) and p. 26-27 (marinade and sauce).

No comments: