Search RoHo Blog

Monday, May 25, 2020

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies


Over the last few weeks, I've drawn less from the quarantine task jar since I seemed to be making excellent progress on projects without that means of compulsion. And because it seemed I was drawing too few of the more necessary tasks, I'd actually removed my fun blue slips from the drawing except on the weekends (for a couple of weeks) so that I could try to get a better focus on things that really ought to be tackled. They joined the rest of the task slips again this past week, and then two blue slips in a row got drawn back-to-back! So after making that amazing and incredible French silk pie on Thursday, the task jar "chore" drawn Friday was to try making cookie sandwiches. This was another one of the kitchen creations that I'd gathered a few recipes for but never had gotten around to making, and that's why it ended up being one of the fun tasks in the random draw during this pandemic.


With Ben Phillis as my muse, because he made them years ago and brought over to the house, and depending on a recipe I must've gone in search of right after he shared his own good version, I made peanut butter-oatmeal sandwich cookies. These are reminiscent of the glorious Do-Si-Dos of Girl Scout Cookie fame, which have always been my favorite. And they're not actually all that hard to make. If I liked peanut butter confections more, perhaps I'd put these into regular rotation.




"Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies," from King Arthur Flour.

1 comment:

Ben Phillis said...

Those look amazing! As an ardent fan of peanut butter confections, I don't think it gets much better than that!