Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Meal No. 2581: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta


I'm not an inventive cook and rarely do I tackle meals without recipes to guide me, except for the really simple things or the stuff I've been making forever. I invented last Sunday night's dinner pretty much from whole cloth, though, and it turned out pretty smashing. Of course, we all know that most pasta dishes can come together with all kinds of ingredients and spices and herbs and still be fantastic.

Who knows exactly how much of what went into it, but here's what I did: I sautéed mushrooms in butter and added in diced prosciutto and cooked it for about 8 minutes. I tossed in some minced garlic, stirred it around, added creole spice, stirred it around, added some flour, and stirred it around for another minute or so. Next into it went a can of Ro-Tel (drained), stirring and cooking off some of the residual liquid. Then I added cream and cooked it over medium heat until it thickened. Once the fettuccine was ready and I'd deboned and diced the chicken thighs that had been in the sous vide set-up, I added in about 4 ounces of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, about a cup of grated parmesan, and about a quarter cup of goat cheese. Somewhere along the way I seasoned it with salt and pepper and a bit more creole spice. After draining and cooling the noodles slightly, I added the chicken into the cheesy cream sauce and poured it all over the fettuccine. Then into my belly it went.



I followed the cooking instructions for sous vide from "Crispy Sous-Vide Chicken Thighs with Mustard Wine Pan Sauce," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 27 July 2015 / Updated 29 August 2018]

No comments: