Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Meal No. 2580: Chicken Salad Melts


It was a return to gorgeous weather this past Saturday, which allowed me some more good yard time as I worked on my "punch list" for recent projects. It also allowed me to finish planting and watering and mulching the mix of petunias I bought on Thursday. At dinnertime, I yet again took advantage of my Joule Sous Vide precision circulator, trying it for the first time on split chicken breasts to then develop into an herby well-seasoned chicken salad. That chicken came out so tender and juicy and flavorful! I scooped out portions of the chicken salad I made with it and mounded them on split English muffins, added cheese singles on top, and baked them long enough to toast the muffins and melt the cheese. It was a pretty scrumptious supper.




Adapted from "The Best Classic Chicken Salad Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 03 June 2015 / Updated 17 April 2020]

No comments: