Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Chocolate Croissants


That right there is my first-ever attempt at something akin to a chocolate croissant.


I still had half my laminated dough from making cronuts over the weekend, as well as a terrible lack of willpower to resist the call of some sweet dessert in the soaking rains of Tropical Depression Bertha last Wednesday night.


My irrigation trenches I'd dug were all full of water, rain was dripping again from the second story hallway ceiling underneath the leaky center dormer, and it seemed a shame for that buttery pastry to go to waste.


I had no idea what I was doing, so I rolled it out and broke out a couple of chocolate baking bars and laid 'em halfway centered, folded over the dough, made a half-hearted attempt to seal the edges, and set 'em aside to rise just a bit. Then I whipped up a basic egg wash, heated up the oven, and baked those buggers.

They were mildly fantastic in a rapturously tantric sort of way.

No comments: