Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 23, 2020

Meal No. 2550: Monie's Pasta Carbonara


Back when I was a middle school teacher, I was fortunate to connect with one of the families in Raleigh in such a great way that it's a friendship that still endures a quarter of a century later. The Lawrences are dear and wonderful people and I still get to see them from time to time when they pass through Winston-Salem. But I also get to think about them when I bring out the recipe I got from Monie, a simple take on carbonara that is always delicious and is also pretty easy to whip up. I hadn't made it in quite a while...in fact, it was one of the last meals I made before undertaking a serious weight-loss effort and this is the first time I've brought it back in almost two years!



"Pasta Carbonara," a recipe shared by Monie Lawrence of Raleigh, NC.

No comments: