Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Deep Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie


Now that the sequestration has begun while we wait and watch what happens with the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Roediger House is not going to be hosting dinners. But I still hope to carefully create some shareable foodstuffs for friends and neighbors. We're all just hunkered down, trying to pay attention to the latest news while also trying to find other things to turn our minds to. The Wednesday night before last, my distraction ended up being a new recipe for buttermilk chess pie. My experience of it required a much longer baking time than the recipe called for. I let it set up overnight so's we could give it a sample the following day.


My verdict? Pretty meh. I've definitely got better recipes for chess pie so this one heads to the rubbish bin.

[EDITOR's NOTE: If you thought you'd already seen this blog post, it's because I had it scheduled and published yesterday and then I shifted it over a day to accommodate a blog entry regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.]



"Deep Dish Buttermilk Chess Pie," from Rose Daly on JustaPinch.com.

No comments: