Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 10, 2020

Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls / Party Ham Biscuits


I'm glad my sister in Indiana drew my attention to a recipe for pimento cheese sausage balls, because they are a decent step up from the Bisquik-box version that the Jones family has made for decades. For a late morning snack on the final Tuesday of January, I mixed up a batch and enjoyed them fresh and hot out of the oven...and tucked the rest of them away in the freezer so they can be brought out at a moment's notice for overnight guests or to quiet a rumbling belly.


A few days later, I reached for the Costco-sized two-pack of Hawaiian party rolls in order to make a new batch of party ham biscuits, a sweet and savory treat that's perfect for a quick meal-on-the-go or a day-starting snack...and I'm glad I had enough on hand to last several days as well as a pan-full that I could take down the street to share with the neighbors.


"Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls," by Kate Robertson Parrish of the ScratchMade Southern blog. [Published 20 March 2019]

"Party Ham Biscuits," a recipe shared with our family by Susan Brown, who was my sister Allison's college chum at the University of North Carolina. I recorded Susan's in my recipe collection in 1988. There are various versions of this recipe, of course. Pretty popular is the "caramelized" version, such as this one: "Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns," by Iris Weihemuller of Baxter, MN, in Taste of Home, December 2013, p. 59.

No comments: