Search RoHo Blog

Friday, February 14, 2020

Homemade Klondike Bars


Last April I got a wild hair to try a somewhat-intimidating dessert treat: homemade Klondike bars. When they turned out so terrific, I knew I'd have to give 'em another go. When I found myself with unused egg whites from making the awesome fudge ripple ice cream recently, I had the right impetus to go to action. So, back on January 30th, when the evening was winding down, I could produce from the freezer these magical little creations, to the delight and bemusement of the entire household.


While I've tagged this blog post as "ice cream," it really isn't. Part of the neat trick of these is they're made with a combination of Swiss meringue and whipped cream, giving you that fluffier and lighter filling for the thin crackle-shelled chocolate coating. Oh my: these are pretty wonderful!



"Homemade Klondike Bars," by Stella Parks of SeriousEats.com.

No comments: