Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 20, 2019

Wellesley Fudge Cake and Vanilla Fudge Ripple Ice Cream


Following our RoHo regulars gathering for chili on Sunday a week ago, I also had some dessert to offer up to everybody, with two parts and both of 'em were new trials for me. That afternoon, I piloted the Wellesley Fudge Cake recipe I'd snagged a while back from SeriousEats.com. It was really tasty and, since I made it as a square layer cake, it was also visually interesting:


The ice cream, though, was out of this world: fudge ripple vanilla bean ice cream, that I'd whipped up the day before so that it would have time in the freezer to set up. I think we all liked the cake, but it seemed clear that we LOVED that ice cream. I'm-a have to make more of that one of these days.




"Wellesley Fudge Cake Recipe," from Jessie Oleson, the Cakespy with SeriousEats.com. [Published 30 July 2012]

"Vanilla Ice Cream" (p. 35-36) and "Fudge Ripple" (p. 122), from Bi-Rite Creamery's Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones, by Kris Hoogerhyde, Anne Walker, and Dabney Gough. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press (2012).

No comments: