Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream


The week before Christmas, I had to have some oral surgery to remove two (!) broken molars, followed by bone grafts. Dr. Jason Ringeman, DDS/MD, was pretty fantastic and the absence of pain and swelling afterwards was a joyous revelation. But I had to go for quite a few days being careful about what I ate, sticking to soft foods and such. On the recommended list: ice cream. So I made some, choosing the easier route of this simple and fantastic version of Vietnamese coffee ice cream. While it didn't set up to its usual creaminess and was actually a bit icy, it was still delicious. Too bad I had to have the surgery, eh?



"Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream," by David Lebovitz. In The Perfect Scoop. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press (2007), p. 35.

No comments: