Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Meal No. 2492: Sheet Pan Fried Chicken Sandwiches


Y'all know that I went on a big weight-loss push in 2018, and I've been pretty aggressive about keeping an eye on my status every single morning ever since. I've entered this end-of-year holiday season with some trepidation, of course! I'm glad to report, though, that my Thanksgiving morning weigh-in had me at 131.0; my Black Friday weigh-in was 131.6, and on the following Wednesday, I was all the way back down to 128.6, which is too low, and boy howdy did it leave me feeling hungry. Since I had that day at home, I hastened to try out a new recipe for sheet pan "fried" chicken fillets, served as a biscuit sandwich with some homemade honey-mustard sauce. While the crispy coating on the chicken didn't brown as much as I'd like, and I could tell it had been forever since I'd made biscuits, it was simply an indication that I definitely had room to improve. But it was still a fine and filling lunch.



"Sheet Pan Fried Chicken Sandwiches," from TheKitchn.com. [Update published 24 October 2019]

No comments: