Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Double Chocolate Loaf Cake


On the final day of November, I had two kitchen dessert disasters. That morning I tried an old recipe for making buttermilk fudge that ended up being a mass of unmanageable caramel taffy, and then in the evening I whipped up a simple chocolate loaf cake that was about as ho-hum as anything I've made in quite a while. I took a couple of bites and pitched the whole thing in the garbage. I trashed the recipe print-out as well. Good riddance.




Recipe based on "Extra Chocolate Pound Cake," claimed by Sarah Smith from her Mama of Montreal blog [Published 26 November 2019]. Unfortunately, it appears to be based on and partially copied (without attribution) from BBCGoodFood.com, first published in Good Food magazine, August 2010.

No comments: