Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake


While I'm sure our bellies were quite stuffed from the fine feast for Thanksgiving, it still seemed incumbent upon me to have a festive dessert available. The new traditional favorite, based on a recipe shared with me by friends and colleagues from Woodstock, VA, is the Southern Living blue ribbon carrot cake, with a buttermilk glaze...


...and cream cheese frosting:


It's true that not all the Thanksgiving dinner guests were ready to dig into it after our filling feast, but I happily boxed up slices to send home with folks as they departed.




"Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake (1981)," also known as "Best Carrot Cake (October, 1997)," from Southern Living. Compiled in the Southern Living 1981 Annual Recipes, Birmingham: Oxmoor Press. Also found online. The recipe I follow was recommended to and shared with me by John & Ebbie Linaburg of Woodstock, Virginia.

No comments: