Search RoHo Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Meal No. 2410: Grilled Filet Mignon


Last week we finally got a break in the heat wave, and Thursday was simply gorgeous and Friday was not far behind (even though it did warm up a bit more). When it came time to make a meal, I stepped outside and fired up the grill, tossing onto it some filet mignon steaks I'd picked up at Sam's Club. To go with it, I also fired up the deep fat fryer for French fries, which have definitely not made an appearance at the Roediger House in over a year. I had a few, but only a few! And I really jammed on some sautéed spinach with garlic and shiitake mushrooms. All-in-all, it was quite a show of culinary abundance, followed by some relaxing outdoor sitting with Sumner before I walked up the street to a/perture cinema to catch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

No comments: