Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2019

What Would You Do for a Klondike Bar?


I'm a little shocked at myself for undertaking the sweet treat that I brought out of the freezer on Tuesday night, after working on it both Sunday and Monday. It's a homemade Klondike Bar, if you can believe it, and I must say: it was quite something!


There were multiple stages to the operation, resulting in a product that, quite frankly, I'm not normally drawn to: a frozen treat. Seriously...I like ice cream sandwiches a lot, and of course ice cream gets me every time. But making a confection like this? I don't even get these things at the store. But I sure made a batch of Klondike bars for the joy and amusement of the Roediger House, and I might even do it again sometime.



"Homemade Klondike Bars," by Stella Parks of SeriousEats.com.

No comments: