Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 22, 2019

Meal No. 2346: Deviled Beef Short Ribs


Oh my...it's been far too long since I've made these incredible deviled beef short ribs. In fact, I've felt a tad guilty for over a year now, because it's the meal that Roediger House regular Mookie had requested for his birthday and then we went and had a surprise birthday for him instead (thanks to the machinations of his delightful wife Kristen!). That surprise party was great, but at the same time, Mookie may have been cheated since his hoped-for dinner menu was a ruse. So when he was over for a boys' night Friday, that's what I served up. Also on our plates: a new take on scalloped potatoes and some roasted bacon-wrapped whole green beans (which were fun and especially tasty!).



"Deviled Beef Short Ribs," by Jeremy Sauer. In Cook's Country, April/May 2014, p. 12-13.

"Classic Silky and Rich Potato Gratin," by Sohla El-Waylly, Culinary Editor at SeriousEats.com. (I found these scalloped potatoes to be disappointing and still a tad undercooked after two hours of baking. So I doubt I'll be using this recipe again in the future.)

"Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles," by Susan Cutler on JustaPinch.com. [Published 16 December 2012]

No comments: