Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Red Velvet Pots de Creme


The chocolate pots de creme that I posted about a couple of days ago were actually a rescue operation, because the first thing I'd made that Thursday morning completely bombed. Awarded a coveted Blue Ribbon by the Kitchen Crew on Just a Pinch, a recipe for red velvet pots de creme had originally caught my eye and I made it early that morning. But it turns out the recipe was not thoroughly vetted and not only was there an apparent mistake in the ingredients, but I think the cooking directions were also incomplete. Anyway: when the pots de creme did not cook through or set up properly, I ended up recooking it on the stove and still ended up with a mostly liquidy mess that I had to pour down the drain. Oh well. I'm glad I had a Plan B!



"Red Velvet Pots de Creme with Poached Strawberries," by Crystal Schlueter. On JustaPinch.com. [Published 14 February 2016]

No comments: