Search RoHo Blog

Friday, January 4, 2019

Meal No. 2273: New Year's Day Meatballs


Christmas has passed and here's what didn't happen: the customary Christmas Feast. While I truly love having a gathering of folks to partake of the Thanksgiving menu which is typically repeated every Christmas, 2018 just didn't seem to be the year for it. When the most regular Roediger House regulars did come together the Saturday between Christmas and New Year's, we still had us a fine celebratory meal: New Year's Day meatballs, company mashed potatoes, and layered green bean casserole (which I don't really layer but that's what the original recipe called for). Oh, it was still good eating!



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (December 2001).

No comments: