Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 21, 2018

Resupplying the Firewood


The Winter Solstice occurs this afternoon at 5:23 pm, marking the official start of that most hated season...and also giving me hope and encouragement because at least I know the days will begin slowly to lengthen. I hate winter. And the last month has been a very wintry late fall, with way too many below-normal temps and even that crazy foot-deep snowstorm less than two weeks ago. So I've burned (!) through some firewood, almost tapping out my supply in a record 11 months since the last order.


So I was glad when the guys from Bobby's Firewood could bring me a load this past Monday afternoon. It's so wet in the backyard that I just had them dump it all on the driveway, which then allowed me to indulge my OCDicity to sort it all into sizes and condition.


And, in the end, I thought I had a pretty good stacked rack to get us all through the coming months of misery. Can't wait to fire up the next, er, fire!

No comments: