Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Meal No. 2259: Bucatini Carbonara


After I drove in from a day's work in Richmond at Saint Christopher's School, I still wanted to whip up supper before the weekend's guests arrived from Oklahoma. Into the bowls went Linton Hopkins's winning and workable recipe for bucatini carbonara, this time with diced prosciutto instead of pancetta, and I upped both the shallots and the garlic...and it was pretty awesome for a quick weeknight meal.

I'd like to note that, before I headed up to Richmond Wednesday afternoon, there was still more shoveling of snow to be done, mostly because I had my car out on the street and it was surrounded by plowed hills and boulders of snow and mush. I did take a moment to photograph my igloo-style snowpiling from clearing the driveway at the front end of the week, which grew to no small height (if you'll note it in comparison the the sanitation cart waiting at the curb):




"Bucatini Carbonara," by Linton Hopkins. In Food & Wine, July 2009.

No comments: