Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Hawk's Sunday Dinner


The neighborhood hawk has been hanging around quite a bit these last few weeks, and this afternoon I was glad for him that he had finally scored a kill, since I've seen him miss out most of the time.


I was only able to snag a few shots before a strolling pedestrian at the bottom of the driveway forced him to seek safe haven elsewhere, albeit with that poor pigeon firmly gripped in his claws.


The day had started quiet but chilly, and I delighted in kicking it off with a fire, a steaming cup of winter blend coffee, and my faithful sweet companion, Sumner.

Fire No. 56: Sunday Morning

I'd even anticipated taking him for a good downtown walk as the sun warmed things up early afternoon, but then things took a turn for the grey and cold and dreary. I found myself making a second fire of the day late afternoon, and I was darned glad of it.

Fire No. 57: Sunday Afternoon

No comments: