Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 19, 2018

Meal No. 2241: Country Captain Chicken


Last Tuesday continued to be chilly, overcast, dreary, and not quite as rainy. With Mookie and Kristen on tap for dinner that night, and me at home for the day, I got busy during the late morning and put together a terrific slow cooker meal known as Country Captain Chicken. My first experience of this recipe was up in Princeton, NJ, with friends David and Everett on an Easter visit some years ago, and it's David's recipe that guided me. Some steamed brown rice, roasted cauliflower, and roasted asparagus completed the dish.


That morning, Sumner and I chanced to encounter a large hawk lurking about the yard. We scared him away from the small planting bed right outside the back door, and he flew up on top of the movie screen frame, and then he hustled over to the light pole at the end of the driveway.


The gray of the day made good pictures problematic but I still like to marvel over these creatures and capture those moments when I can.



"Country Captain Chicken," a recipe shared by David Wald (Princeton, NJ), May 2009.

No comments: