Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween 2018

Halloween 2010

For the first decade of my life in the Roediger House, I was a bit more spirited about Halloween. In fact, from 2006 through 2013, there was a pretty good run of really fun parties here (a sort-of recap can be found in this blog entry). Once I'd done all the renovation work on the inside (plaster restoration and floor refinishing, for instance), though, those big splashy parties with as many as 65 people just wasn't what I wanted to do anymore.


In the 15 years I've lived here, I think I had two trick-or-treaters one year, and one another year...and nobody at all the rest of the time. For some reason, I was hopeful in 2018 that there might be a change in this patten, and I stopped off Wednesday morning at the pop-up Pumpkin Patch near the house to buy one of the ragged remaining large pumpkins. Do you know how long it's been since I carved a jack-o-lantern?


How many trick-or-treaters were there last night? Not a single one. But hey: this year I had candy just in case, and I thought we managed to look inviting enough.


Maybe next year!

No comments: