Search RoHo Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Meal No. 2220: Chicken Breast Nuggets over Caesar Salad


Much of Thursday was rainy and gusty as the remnants of Hurricane Michael passed over the northwest Piedmont of North Carolina. Once again, I had to put out buckets and tubs to catch the drips from the ceiling at the upstairs porch door, but there was no serious damage here and not even a flickering of the lights. Lots of other folks were not so fortunate.


But the rains eased on out of the area by late afternoon and, when dinnertime rolled around, I figured it was time for a fried nuggets version of the Chic-Fil-A copycat sandwiches I've been making for several years, to be put atop another Caesar-dressed Italian salad. I even went so far as to make homemade cheesy-garlicky croutons that were sort of amazing all by themselves. Side note: I think this was the first deep-fried food I've had since late spring—and it apparently had no negative impact on my next-morning weigh-in, thank goodness!



"Croutons," by Marg CaymanDesigns on GeniusKitchen.com.

Chicken Nuggets based in part on "Chic-Fil-A Copycat Sandwich," by Hilah Johnson. From Hilah Cooking.

No comments: