Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Bread (Take Two)


Pretty recently, I had a pretty bad result from a pretty good sounding recipe for cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread. I felt sure the fault was mine, either that the canola oil I used was on its last legs, or perhaps the pumpkin pie spice was old since I hardly ever use it. Regardless, I definitely wasn't giving up on it and, last Friday afternoon, with fresher ingredients, I gave it another go. And I'm glad I did, because it was darned good pumpkin bread.

Confession: when I troubled myself to look at the expiration printed on the bottom of the old pumpkin pie spice, I found that it carried a 2007 date. You know: during the George W. Bush administration. Good grief.



"Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread," from Averie Sunshine of AverieCooks.com. [Published 27 September 2017]

No comments: