Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Meal No. 2167: Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas


When longtime and dear friend Jen Martin came last night to hang out, I thought we might do nicely with a warm and filling treat of chicken and cheese quesadillas. And we were not disappointed!

I might add: I've tried thus far to be somewhat philosophical about my first-time efforts growing tomatoes. I've sure made plenty of mistakes and missteps and have made notes for myself about how to do better in the Summer of 2019. But when I had checked a ripening Better Boy on Thursday evening, and again on Friday morning and mid-day, certain that it would be just right to serve up with the quesadillas last evening, I 'bout burst a vein in the side of my head to find that sometime during the afternoon some critter had gotten to it and chewed into it a bit.


I am now on a fateful mission to eradicate the squirrel problem plaguing my tomato harvest, and I'll be limited in the details of the operation so as not to invite scorn or derision from the more tender readers of the blog. This determined embrace of borderless malice is being fueled right now by the discovery this morning of a deeply-hidden wonderfully full and ripe beefeater tomato, which engendered a feeling of delicious excitement in me, until I picked it and felt the backside of it:


Since this tomato was so big, I just cut off that chewed part and found the rest of it to be quite delicious when eating leftovers at lunchtime today:




Preparation and cooking based on "Quesadillas for a Crowd," by Morgan Bolling. In Cook's Country, August/September 2015, p. 18.

"Fajita Seasoning Mix," from ForTheMommas.com. Adapted from "Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe" on Food.com.

No comments: