Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Doorbell Button Is Re-Lighted to Meet You


When the attic was renovated to become the new entertainment space and man cave, I had a second doorbell chime added there since it's a long way from the main chime, under the stairs on the first floor, all the way up to the third floor. The attic project and second chime installation came along just after I had the exterior of the front doors refinished as the first task by Clemmons Flooring, who ultimately refinished all the hardwood floors and many of the mantles and the hallway and dining room wainscoting and also several doors.

Not sure if it was the wood refinishing or the electrician, but somebody must've messed with the doorbell button at the front door and not only destroyed the bulb but also misplaced some of the interior housing.

It wasn't until the last few months that I even realized the doorbell button no longer lit up, which is how I discovered that there were problems in the button that had not been there when I first installed it myself back in 2003.


I've fixed it now, which is another small item checked off of the extensive to-do list. So if you come by the house in the evening or night, you'll find it easy to locate the button to summon us to greet you at the front door.


No comments: