Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2018

A Sundry Mix of Yard Matters

It was my plan to limit myself to, say, a once-a-month update on yard happenings, but things got a tad busy as June rolled into July, so here are a few items that I like trying to keep track of via blog entries...


It's time for the front daylilies and the Cranberry Crush rose mallow hibiscus to strut their stuff:




I'm glad that Donna Whitley-Smith turned me on to oakleaf hydrangeas:


Speaking of Donna, I need to find out if she has any insights on a little mystery that's negatively impacting my fresh tomato production, because some sort of small creature seems to be feasting on them just as they are ripening:



I've been so busy with yard projects thus far this summer that I had to call in a reorder on mulch:



Near the mulch pile, but without my camera in hand to document it, I also spotted a Northern flicker woodpecker in the yard for the first time. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

And, last but not least for this proud papa, Sumner scored his fourth squirrel kill this past Thursday:


No comments: