Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Meal No. 2122: Creole-Spiced Fried Chicken


It might not have been my wisest plan for myself last Monday night to pull off a major fried chicken dinner after spending three hours up at The Grand Theatre for Avengers: Infinity War. It left me a bit stressed when I tried to throw everything together in an hour, but fortunately I'd done a good bit of advanced prep work. And it helped that I was cooking the chicken thighs sous vide while we were at the film, before coming home and adding buttermilk and breading for a short fry on the Paragon induction plate.


So here's the great southern feast to start off the Roediger House week: creole-spiced fried chicken thighs, ultra-gooey mac and cheese, and fluffy biscuit hoecakes.



Fried Chicken, with ideas and help from:

"The Food Lab's Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Managing Culinary Director of SeriousEats.com.

"Fluffy Southern-Style Hoecakes," by Erica of My Busy Bees and Me. Recipe first encountered through her YouTube video.

No comments: