Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Meal No. 2116: Sheet Pan Pork Nachos


On Tuesday night, when the newly-wedded McGowns were back over for dinner and hanging out, I figured I might try a new recipe and see how we all liked it. This was my first go at sweet pork nachos, with the pork cooking all day on Monday in the slow-cooker, and the rest of it put together in time to serve when they were here Tuesday.


It's not my usual thing, and it was a two-day process but, in the end, I think we all thought these nachos were pretty darned amazing. Everyone got seconds; half the crew got thirds!

Also, that morning, Sumner found this little bugger along the south fence line:


I hate for Sumner to tangle with the possums that show up around here, even if they are babies, so I picked him up by the tail and tossed him temporarily into one of my Hav-a-Hart traps:


We were stuck in a rainy period in Winston-Salem, unlike any I can remember (it feels like living in Seattle!), so it took me a while to get that little rascal relocated. He feasted on cat food in the meantime.


By my rough count, this is Possum No. 12 in the trapping chronicle of the Roediger House.



"Sweet Pork Nachos," from Holly of Life in the Lofthouse. [Published 01 August 2017]

"Loaded Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos," from Elyse of Six Sisters Stuff. [Published 14 March 2018]

No comments: