Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 18, 2018

Meal No. 2114: Pimento Cheese Burgers with Onion Rings


Mother's Day in Winston-Salem for a house with no living mothers was, as seems reasonable, an ordinary May Sunday. Well, it was kind of hot and summer-like, which doesn't bother me all that much, except for not getting out in it to do much-needed yardwork. It felt like a night when grilling must occur, and I had some excellent pimento cheese that I'd made, and I used it to top grilled burgers. I also tried out a new recipe for fried onion rings. Unfortunately, my Paragon induction cooktop from FirstBuild hasn't been my wisest purchase, and it cut off in the middle of frying the first batch. I managed to recover, though, and a few decent onion rings resulted.




"South Carolina-Style Pimento Cheese." Recipe worked out by me, based on Sharon's Palmetto Pimento Cheese.

"Kick Ass Fried Onion Rings," by Rita1652. From Genius Kitchen.

No comments: