Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Meal No. 2102: Diner-Style Hamburger Steak


When I lived in Winston-Salem in the late 1980s, one of my regular dinner spots was a storefront restaurant in a shopping center on Robinhood Road, near a Lowe's Foods. I'd almost always get the hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and corn or green beans. I decided to let that be my guide when I finally pulled myself back inside from the glorious Thursday evening weather, and in short order I had my own slab of hamburger steak along with creamed corn, mashed potatoes, and homemade applesauce.



"Southern Creamed Corn," by Patrick and Gina Neely of the Food Network.

Inspiration for Homemade Applesauce came from the late Evelyn Coulson of Cana, VA. Guidance for Homemade Applesauce came from:

No comments: