Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Meal No. 2082: Pioneer Woman Meatloaf


The work I get to do in schools and school districts gives me the chance to get to know a lot of great people. Every once in a while, I manage to entice one or more of them out of the professional realm and rope them into an evening hang at the Roediger House. That was the case last Wednesday evening, when a local principal (also on spring break) took me up on the offer to come have dinner and beers, and it was a delightful time. For the meal, I made Ree Drummond's meatloaf, which I just really like, along with house favorite company mashed potatoes and a mess of seasoned green beans.


There was dessert as well: a lemon chess pie, which turned out especially good, I'd say. The texture was especially silky and creamy, and the lemon flavor popped nicely!



"My Favorite Meatloaf," from Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. Posted 20 September 2010.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," shared with the Jones family by my sister Allison.

"Lemon Chess Pie," originally thought to be President Clinton's favorite version, but apparently it's not quite the same. My source is unknown but this link goes to the identical recipe.

No comments: