Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Meal No. 2055: Indoor Barbecued Chicken


When Kristen and Mookie were back over for dinner last night, I thought I'd pilot a new recipe: indoor barbecued chicken. We are in a crazy cold-snap here in Winston even though it's almost the middle of March, and we were actually under threat of a wintry mix late night and into today. So I wasn't going to be grilling!


In order to be more free to spend time up on the third floor and to get some pool playing in, though, I repeated the sides that we'd only had about 10 meals ago because I could toss them in the oven instead of having to tend to them: company mashed potatoes and traditional green bean casserole.



"Indoor Barbecued Chicken," by Matthew Fairman. In Cook's Country, October/November 2017, p. 18.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a recipe originally from my sister Allison that quickly became a Jones family favorite.

"Campbell's Classic Green Bean Casserole," from Campbell's Kitchen. Recipe available online.

No comments: