Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

Meal No. 2024: Seasoned Whole Chicken


Over the last few weeks, as I've begun finally experimenting with my Instant Pot, I've tried out a number of new dishes. My first repeat of a main dish occurred this past Monday night, when I put a seasoned whole chicken into the multi-cooker, well-seasoned with a rotisserie-style spice, and out of the contraption came a juicy flavorful and perfectly cooked bird. Southern creamed corn and buttermilk biscuits added to the joy of the plate, as did a healthy dollop of not-healthy Alabama Great White sauce.




"How to Cook Instant Pot Whole Chicken - Rotisserie Style," by Sheena from GlutenFreePressureCooker.com.

"Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning," by Judith Hanneman, The Midnight Baker.

"Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362), in Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

"Southern Creamed Corn," by Patrick and Gina Neely of the Food Network.

"Fluffy Southern-Style Hoecakes," by Erica of My Busy Bees and Me. Recipe first encountered through her YouTube video.

No comments: