Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Meal No. 2001: Pork Medallions with Ginger-Soy Mushroom Sauce


With a pork tenderloin I needed to use and some great leftovers from the previous night's dinner to use as sides, I brought back an old favorite for last Tuesday night's dinner: pan-seared pork medallions with a ginger-garlic-soy mushroom sauce. I reheated company mashed potatoes and green bean casserole from the preceding meal. It all turned out pretty nice!


I will point out that it was cold as the dickens on that morning, with a low of 8°F at just before 8 am. You'd better believe that I was ready for that cold snap to be over with!



Based on "Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," from my sister Allison in Rossville, Indiana.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: