Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Meal No. 1999: Apple and Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal


On New Year's Day, the lunch fare was another new recipe: apple and cinnamon steel-cut oatmeal, made in the Instant Pot. I really had to doctor this up to make it edible, because it came out like brown soup. I ended up making a regular pot of oatmeal to add to it just to get it to thicken up and be a bit more hearty. I also had to sweeten it a bit. By the time I was through tinkering with it, I think we all found it pretty palatable.


When I was getting up that morning, we were down to a ridiculous 14°F and so for the second day in a row, a fire was called for.

Fire No. 37

It made for a nice morning for Sumner and me.




"Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal," by Laurel Randolph. In The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook, Berkeley: Rockridge Press (2016), p. 22.

No comments: