Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Another Super Snowfall Hits Winston-Salem

Photo by Carolyn Wyman McClintock

This past week found me working two days up in Shenandoah County, Virginia, and I left just ahead of Winston-Salem's latest great snowfall. After years of forecasts that inspired excitement and anticipation, only to find ourselves disappointed either with the delivered amount or the corruption by sleet and freezing rain, it's pretty cool that Winston has already gotten two great snows that exceeded what the forecasts were predicting.


Of course, this time around, I was nowhere around and we only got a dusting of snow in Woodstock in the Shenandoah Valley. There was still a good bit of it hanging around once I got back to town Thursday, and Sumner enjoyed the heck out of it:


With a big shindig happening Saturday night, it meant that the warmer temps in the 50s that ushered in the weekend were a great aid to my aching back when I cleared the driveway a shovelful at the time:


Also, a package arrived in my absence, bearing a new fireplace grate:


I'd pretty much cooked my cheap old one down into a warped and melted mess, but now the new grate will be ready to be broken in by an already-laid fire, once the cold of winter returns:


No comments: