Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 22, 2017

Meal No. 1984: Perfect Pot Roast


When dinnertime rolled around Tuesday night, with four at the table and with the next couple of episodes of Game of Thrones to watch, I went with a long-cooking one-pot dinner: Ree Drummond's perfect pot roast. With my cooktop not working, this was another time to put the Paragon countertop induction plate to use, even though I'm finding that it only really heats about a 4-inch diameter in the center of whatever cookware I've used on it. But it all finished out nicely in the low-temp oven. With onions, carrots, and potatoes, this was a hearty beef dish that we tackled with enthusiasm.


I might add that Tuesday was a gloriously gorgeous day here in Winston-Salem, with temps topping out at 71°F when I took Sumner for a walk. We then enjoyed sitting in the sunshine on the back of the Tundra for a spell of rest afterwards.


And yet there are snowbells coming up by the front steps...


My sister did not seem to appreciate my weather/temp screenshot, which is understandable given the conditions in her hometown in Indiana at that same time:




"Perfect Pot Roast," from Ree Drummond. From The Pioneer Woman website. [Published 24 September 2011]

No comments: